Future Teacher

I am in school to become a special education teacher because I have a passion for working with students who need just a bit more help than others. It give me joy to know I have helped someone how can not help themselves and enjoy working with me. I am a substitute teacher I have come to realize that working with students with learning disabilites require much more patients, time, and skills than working with students who do not. I feel it takes a special person to be able to work with students with special needs and I am one of those persons. I am going to make sure I am a culturally responsive teacher and I am open to listen and learn from my students as well. I want to make sure the parents stay involved with their children which will in some cases lighten my work load if the parents are willing to work as much as possible with their children on the things I have taught them. I will make sure I emphasize the importance of education to my students and their parents so they will know I am a qualified teacher and have passion for helping their children.

The Approaches I will take as a new teacher

The approaches I will take on becoming a new teacher includes all of the following;

1. Good at explaining things. Being comfortable with explaining content to students is an essential skill for teachers, regardless of the subject or grade level.

2.Keeping my cool.
There will be times when you will be tempted to scream or yell at your students, other teachers, parents, administrators, and so on. Good teachers are able to successfully resist this urge.

3.Having a Sense of Humor.
Research has consistently shown that good teachers have a sense of humor, and that they are able to use humor as part of their teaching methods. Humor, used properly, can be a powerful addition to any lesson.

4.
like people, especially students in the age range in which I intend to teach. Most teachers choose an area of specialization such as elementary education, special education, secondary education, or higher education because they have a temperament for students in those age ranges. If you are not comfortable working with young children, don't major in elementary education!

5.
have "common sense." It may sound a bit corny, but good teachers are practical. They can size up a situation quickly and make an appropriate decision. Whether managing a classroom, leading students on a field trip, seamlessly shifting from one instructional procedure to another, assigning detentions, supervising an intern, or dealing with policy and curriculum issues in the school, there is no substitute for common sense.

6. set high expectations for my students and hold the students to those expectations. If you are thinking about becoming a teacher, you should set high expectations for yourself, and demand excellence not only of yourself, but your students as well.