Future Teacher

I am in school to become a special education teacher because I have a passion for working with students who need just a bit more help than others. It give me joy to know I have helped someone how can not help themselves and enjoy working with me. I am a substitute teacher I have come to realize that working with students with learning disabilites require much more patients, time, and skills than working with students who do not. I feel it takes a special person to be able to work with students with special needs and I am one of those persons. I am going to make sure I am a culturally responsive teacher and I am open to listen and learn from my students as well. I want to make sure the parents stay involved with their children which will in some cases lighten my work load if the parents are willing to work as much as possible with their children on the things I have taught them. I will make sure I emphasize the importance of education to my students and their parents so they will know I am a qualified teacher and have passion for helping their children.

Technology in the classroom

I plan to introduce my students to the basic of technology as how to use the computer and the simple programs on them. I plan to use technology myself to help me teach my students. I will use videos, audio, smartboards, websites, internet resources, and anything else that will guide me in educating my students. I understand this task will not be easy but it is possible and it is a challenge I plan to take on and complete with all of my students.