Future Teacher

I am in school to become a special education teacher because I have a passion for working with students who need just a bit more help than others. It give me joy to know I have helped someone how can not help themselves and enjoy working with me. I am a substitute teacher I have come to realize that working with students with learning disabilites require much more patients, time, and skills than working with students who do not. I feel it takes a special person to be able to work with students with special needs and I am one of those persons. I am going to make sure I am a culturally responsive teacher and I am open to listen and learn from my students as well. I want to make sure the parents stay involved with their children which will in some cases lighten my work load if the parents are willing to work as much as possible with their children on the things I have taught them. I will make sure I emphasize the importance of education to my students and their parents so they will know I am a qualified teacher and have passion for helping their children.

Purpose of Education

The purpose of education is to provide literacy for all, apprise individuals of and prepare them for the dominating culture’s institutions, counteract the pernicious and venal images of African American prevalent in popular culture, and engender group solidarity and commitment uplift. In order for the purposes of education to be implemented by all teachers in Alabama, the board of education has institutionalized nine standards under which all teachers should abide by. Many of our teachers school our students instead of giving the proper education needed to succeed in life. Teachers must be advocates for all students to provide equal opportunity for all.